We have two 20ft diameter Scottish made Yurts that can sleep up to 6 people and an 18ft diameter Yurt that can sleep up to 4 people. All three are available for hire all year round.
They each have the following features;
- Luxury double bed plus two futon sofa-beds for other guests (double futons in the larger yurts and singles in the smaller yurt).
- Fully equipped with all you will need (towels, bedding and crockery) - just bring your clothes!
- Wood burning stove/cooker (including an oven) for heat and cooking.
- Insulated for year round comfort.
- Private bathroom with shower (including a composting toilet).
- Outdoor firepit with cooking utensils and picnic bench.
- Solar powered lighting.
- Shared pot washing and laundry facilities (washing machine).
- A romantic atmosphere!
Yurts (or 'Gers' as they are somtimes called) are a traditional dwelling from Mongolia that have been used for many centuries. We first stayed in a Yurt eight years ago and have loved them ever since. They provide a fabulous place to stay with an atmosphere that is unique and tranquil. Paul at Highland Yurts has done a wonderful job in hand-building our three larch wood frame Yurts. We're sure you'll love them as much as we do.